This is the story of my run at the Plastic Surgery Fellowship Match of 2005.

Google

Thursday, March 17, 2005

UT-Houston

A couple weeks ago I did a road trip to UT-San Antonio and UT Houston. While I was in Texas I got to stop and see my mom in Dallas. I also got to see both of my dog's parents.



The black one is Daisy's mom and the brown one is her dad.

I stayed at a $20 flop house on the outskirts of Houston. I drove in a little early and walked around the campus before the interview. Baylor is also on the campus, as well as MD Anderson.



I only got a couple pictures but here is another of the hospitals that you rotate through at UT-Houston.



For lunch, they catered in Goode Company BBQ. I was ecstatic because I was planning on going to Goode Company after the interview and they saved me the trip. Goode Company is what I would consider to be a perfect example of Texas Style BBQ. They brought brisket, sausage, chicken, sides and pies for desert. Texas style BBQ is mainly beef and the BBQ sauce is not like the Kansas City ketchup based sauces that most people think of when they think BBQ. Texas style BBQ sauce is more of a gravy.