This is the story of my run at the Plastic Surgery Fellowship Match of 2005.

Google

Saturday, January 08, 2005

Mississippi Trip

I just got back from Jackson Mississippi! Everyone down there was amazingly hospitable and I had a great time.

My flight down there was a bit complicated. Kansas City got destroyed by an ice storm.



It was like Godzilla attacked us or something.



My flights were canceled. I had to make other arrangements, and those flights were delayed and almost canceled. Anyway it was all worth it. When I finally arrived at the interview (several hours late) I was delighted to find some Mississippi-Style BBQ.



The hospital complex is absolutely huge.



They are building several new buildings right now that are scheduled to open next summer.



It was a great trip and I am really glad I went. I met a few more candidates. One of the candidates from Mississippi and I went to lunch on Friday and he was kind enough to let me use his house to change. It can be a little dangerous doing the Clark Kent changing routine sometimes.