This is the story of my run at the Plastic Surgery Fellowship Match of 2005.

Google

Friday, October 29, 2004

Vacation next week

I am about to take a week of vacation. I'm going to visit some relatives and my wife is going to a baby shower. I will spend the second half of next week camping on a lake. I do that every year and I look forward to it all year long. So there probably won't be any entries from me for a while.

I have finished my snooping efforts for a while. I think I have gathered about as much info on each program as I can without actually visiting. Some of the websites had been updated since the last time I checked but not many. You would be surprised the kinds of things that you can learn about a program if you really dig. For instance there are several programs on probation but you would never know it from their sites. Several programs have a habit of taking people from their own general surgery programs. Unless you really dig it is hard to figure out which ones beyond just listening to rumors. It is also really important to contact people that you know from the various places, even if they are not in the plastics programs. They will often have more valid information and perspective than you will be able to get elsewhere. I try to keep track of what I find in a notebook. I have decided not to post that information here. Some of it could be damaging, and the last thing I want to do is write something negative down that will be on the internet forever. Sooner or later the problems will go away but this site will be here forever. Besides, the nitty gritty is really only relevant to this year's match. If I can figure stuff out about different programs then certainly everyone else can as well. I am not that clever.

I will post interview dates for different programs as I hear of them. I found out that UT-Chat is holding interviews on Saturday March 12th and Saturday April 9th. They won't be offering interviews until early January. Anyway thats it for now. Good luck!