This is the story of my run at the Plastic Surgery Fellowship Match of 2005.

Google

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Absite Stuff

I have been getting a fair number of requests for advice concerning the absite. The single most useful study guide for the ABSITE that I have seen is the Absite Killer. It is like 20 pages and it WILL raise your scores dramatically. It was put together buy a surgery resident who wrote down all the info that he could remember from the exam every year. At the end of residency he put it all into a book and sold it for $20. I have been unable to find his address to order more copies, and my copy was stolen from my filing drawer. When I was studying the Absite Killer the first time I typed it all in to Microsoft Word, so I have an electronic copy of it. I wish I could find the guy, because the book is worth 10 times the price for how much it will raise your scores. I have seen people go from 25% to 85% after reading the Absite Killer.

The other thing I read and that I find helpful is a book called Pass the Absite. It has very high yield information and is small enough to fit in your pocket. You can click on the link and it will take you to Amazon.com. They have it as cheap as I have seen it anywhere.

The third resource I use is the Michigan State Review for the Absite. You can purchase it through this link:
Michigan State Review for the Absite.

I also do questions from the SESAP review. Using these resources I have been able to score pretty well with manageable effort.