This is the story of my run at the Plastic Surgery Fellowship Match of 2005.

Google

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Reading for plastics

I have been gearing up for the absite again this year. If anyone wants some good study guides let me know by email and I'll send them to you. I've been doing a few years of the Michigan State Review for the absite every year and this thing called absite killer. All I can say is its high yield stuff, easy money.

My reading for plastics has thus taken a little hit. I have to consider it pleasure reading at this point, because let me tell you, it is shear pleasure. I have been reading Grabb and Smith. I put a link to it on amazon at the right of the page. I talked to a few of the fellows and a couple plastic surgery attendings and that was the book they recommended as a good starting point. It gives a really good overview of each area of plastic surgery. I am about a third of the way through it right now. It is really easy reading compared to a lot of the GS texts. I would put it on par with the new Sabiston's. Lots of pictures.

If (crossing fingers now) I match into a fellowship the next book I will get is Operative Plastic Surgery. I also put a link to it at the right of the page. It is supposed to be the plastic surgery equivalent of Mastery of Surgery.

Also if I match I will get plastic surgery secrets. I see a lot of fellows carrying that around as good reading in between cases. It fits nicely into a pocket as well. I'll add a link to that when I go to buy it.

As far as interviews go I haven't heard anything yet. I don't really expect to for a while. I was talking to some of the fellows and they remembered first hearing things in December for January interviews. Just a couple more months. Hopefully October will go by as fast as September did.