This is the story of my run at the Plastic Surgery Fellowship Match of 2005.

Google

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Absite Killer For The Palm

The Absite killer is now available for your palm pilot. Head on over to Absitekiller.com and check it out. The test is in just a few days and this is the perfect last minute review. For the first three years I studied the Absite Killer and the Michigan State Review for the Absite. I read and did all of the things you are supposed to do, but very little of what you read will actually have payoff on the test. A huge chunk of the test is right there in the Absite Killer. It isn't very long and there are like 1 or 2 sentence high yield blurbs about topics that appear over and over again.

I can't stress to you enough how important your ABSITE scores will be if you wish to be a successful candidate. I haven't matched yet and I may not, but I am getting a lot of interviews. One of the first things they mention is that I did well on the ABSITE. I didn't get 99th percentile or anything freakish like that but I had respectable scores. It doesn't make me any better or smarter than anyone else but for some reason the program directors like decent ABSITE scores.

I don't know about the site absitekiller.com, but the authors of the palm pilot file have it for sale. It looks like you buy it through eBay. It looks like they email it to you with an unlock code. I think you have to have iSilo but I'm sure you either have it or know someone who does.

The guys who made the Palm Pilot file say that it has the full blessing of the original author. I would like to see the author's efforts rewarded, and I would like to see the people who took the time to make it available for the Palm be compensated, so I am not sending out any more of my Microsoft Word documents of the Absite Killer. I am going to put a link to the right of the page for people who wish to purchase it. $14.95 very well spent if you ask me.