This is the story of my run at the Plastic Surgery Fellowship Match of 2005.

Google

Monday, August 30, 2004

Great News Today

I called the CAS today with a few questions and got some great news. First all my letters are in and my application is complete. They will send it out today. I also asked about the number of people in the match this year - and its a great number. Just over 200 are in so far. This is awesome because I was expecting there to be 300 or more. I suspect that there will be some straggelers coming in late but there won't be any more than 50 I wouldn't think. The other great news is that 3 more programs are offering spots!

Cleveland Clinic - Florida has 2 spots
Medical College of Wisconsin has 1 spot
Providence Michigan is also in but not sure how many spots. They are approved for 2 but who knows.

I will update my links on the side ASAP.

The CAS will be sending a letter out shortly notifying people about the new programs and the loss of UMDNJ. If they want to apply to the new programs its a $25 a piece fee. If they also applied to UMDNJ you can get the $25 dollars applied to another program.

I talked to a current fellow yesterday and he said he started hearing from programs in late November and Early December, which is much sooner than I had expected. AS it turns out the CAS is a running process, meaning that when your application is done they send it out. I was expecting that they would be send out together on Jan 17th, which they are not.