This is the story of my run at the Plastic Surgery Fellowship Match of 2005.

Google

Saturday, June 12, 2004

A Saturday of Progress

Today I sat down and wrote the first draft of my personal statement. It wasn't very hard. I took a look at the personal statements I wrote for medical school and residency. I thought they were pretty good. They seemed honest and down to earth. The things I wrote in them were true and are still true today. They gave a snapshot of who I was at the time and where I wanted to go.

I just did the same thing this time. All of the mental work was done, it was just a matter of putting it down on paper.

The other development is that I set up a meeting with the chairman of plastics. It is for Tuesday at 4:30. I am on call that day so I have to be sure that I don't get distracted and forget.